Monday 12 October 2009

The Speakers Road to Utopia
.....4 more sleeps to go

Well not many days now until I take off for Noosa to deliver the opening keynote speech at Utopia International Retreat.

Everything is looking good – I’ve put in all my paperwork – I’m booked in row 8A so don’t have to do the bun fight up the back of the plane and all is looking good.

There are four sleeps now until I speak and I have a funky new hair do and I’ve just come back from a wonderful massage and reflexology session so I’m totally ready to go on one level.

HOWEVER I’m sitting here wondering how I can get out of it – who I could substitute and despite having the most awesome experience last time I spoke I'm wondering why did I ever say I would do it again in the first place! Was I totally mad, what was I thinking! This is totally normal and par for the course and in fact has been going on now for a about week but still I can't come up with a good enough excuse not to go on. Got four more sleeps to go though......

But despite all the drama queen voices fighting for a position in the queue I’ve written my keynote and it’s 15 minutes longer than it needs to be and now there is anguish over which part has to go ….. and there’s four more sleeps to go!

No comments: