Wednesday 14 October 2009

The Speakers Road to Utopia
.....2 more sleeps to go


Some brave decisions have been made, the keynote is down to 45 minutes and the aliens have proved less than reliable in the beam me up stakes - so it looks like I'm going to Utopia International Retreat in Noosa after all.

For a short time yesterday I was led to believe by a client that storms were expected over the Gold Coast - that would be too much cosmic humour when all I want to see is some blue skies.

BUT it appears clouds are not showing up on the Sunshine Coast but the weather report is looking quite bizarre. They seem to consistently use double digits to report their temperatures and are prone to put 2 and 3's in front of their numbers.

Thursday - Fine - Max 30
Friday - Fine - Max 29
Saturday - Fine - Max 26

Coming from central Victoria that seems very odd but it does at least say its going to be fine in the land of the fading curtains. You've got to love Queensland - they even give me back the hour I lost to daylight savings earlier in the month. Sleep in and still make the yoga session = EXCELLENT!

I'm also looking forward to walks by the river pictured above. The river is straight across the pedestrian crossing from the resort and it really is a world apart.

My only concern now is that I haven't as yet experienced the "I'M JUST NOT GOING" hissy fit but I dare say that will come. There seems a routine to these speaking jitters so the appearance of the detailed packing list is bound to set that one off.

Now if only I can change:

Wednesday - Windy and few showers - Max 11

I might even manage to get the washing dry and have clean underwear before I head to the airport tomorrow - its the golden rule of travel - always have clean underwear when travelling the highway of life.

I speak Friday afternoon and present a workshop on Saturday afternoon and then I get to play for the rest of the weekend - guess that makes up for the "speaker belly" and irrational hissy fits.

I'm booked in for Lia Scallon's Crystal Skulls workshop and my big manifesting crystal is coming to get activated by her well travelled crystal skull. I have no idea what that entails but will be excited to find out. Lia also does the opening ceremony which I will be participating in as well so I'll be fascinated to hear her channel the sounds of Sirius. I have little knowledge of Lia's work and her crystal skulls but they seem to be turning up all over the world so I am very much looking forward to that. PLUS I get to go to everyone else's keynotes and watch them do the jittery speaker routine that will be well and truly over for me by the time the cocktail hour rocks in on Friday night. Shame I don't drink!

My place under the palm tree by the pool awaits.

No comments: