Wednesday 24 September 2008

The Power of an Ezine or Newsletter


This morning a promotional email came into my inbox from Global Training and they were advertising Dr. John Demartini’s Australian events in October, along with an article that interested me about the things he was doing wrong in the early days of his chiropractic practice.

That one article interested me enough to read some of the promotional stuff at the bottom of the email and I realised John is doing a free seminar in Melbourne next week. I’m a sucker for a free seminar so guess what? I’m booked for the free event.

Maybe now are you are thinking – big deal – you still haven’t given him any money yet.

Correct! BUT he has managed to get me out of my house, it’s a three hour round trip on a train and in return I get to spend a couple of hours observing a master in action. There is a high chance once I’ve seen him in person that he will sell me one of his courses in the future or at least one of his books to read on the train ride back to the Cute House.

This is how ezines work. In my Practice Building Success System I talk about creating a Marketing Train. Ezines are a guards van or caboose activity - what we call “keep in touch strategies”. If you are persistent and work your ezine strategy with your other marketing train activities, eventually the money tap will turn on.

I’ve been getting Dr John Martini’s ezine for about a year now and it took this article to spike my interest enough to react.

Never underestimate the power of a free newsletter or ezine. You might think no one is reading it because no one is reacting but all of a sudden, something you do will change the way your readers react.

I think there were ten things that made me react:

1. John had built trust in previous communications

2. He was on The Secret and I liked his message

3. His article told the truth about a time when he wasn’t doing so well

4. The article was aimed to help others who are coming up the ladder - not to sell

5. It was timely – only a week out from the event so I knew time was running out and it is his last 2008 tour

6. He created scarcity – only 200 tickets for free

7. There was a strong call to action

8. It is in a nice venue that is close to a train line (important for me)

9. He used several different ways to speak with me – words, audio, visual etc

10. He made me feel special “as a member of his community”

PLUS - the name of the event is catchy - HOW TO MAKE ONE HELL OF A PROFIT AND STILL GET TO HEAVEN – he made me smile and even with his level of success it shows me he isn’t taking himself too seriously and gives me an idea that it will be an entertaining evening.


No comments: