Saturday 22 March 2008

Using YouTube to Get Known

Today I am #1 on YouTube in the category of #42 - Most Viewed (Today) - Howto & Style - Australia – it’s the biggest load of rubbish I’ve ever produced but 31 people have watched it SO FAR!

This is the power of the free tools that are available

When you use tools like Blogger and YouTube alongside your own tools (I used my newsletter) they can become very powerful. I put a small note in my newsletter which gave people the option to click through and watch the video after I wrote a story on having harmonious workspaces. I'm not suggesting you all go out and madly film your office and just bung it up there - it's not about the topic it is all about the underlying story and message that gives people a reason to click. But it does show the power of the internet.

You might notice there has also been blog posts on the same topic.

Tools like Blogger, YouTube, Ning, MySpace, FaceBook are called Social Networks.

Here is a massive hint for anyone who is interested in using these free but very powerful social networks. One common message placed in many different places = gets clicks.

Social Networks work because every now and then someone who doesn't know you clicks and suddenly they DO know you. People that already know you get to know a little more about you. Eventually trust builds up and eventually they will become clients and they will refer someone who will become a client.

People image you need a lot of time to participate in all these activities. I'll be totally honest with you here - they take a bit of time to set up and get in motion but like any of your marketing activities once that train is rolling it is VERY easy to maintain.

If you aren't using or at least learning how to participate in these social networks - then you are missing out big time.

You can view my masterpiece here (I used my mobile phone to record it so the quality is pretty naff but 31 people have watched it:

No comments: