Sunday 10 July 2011

I have just found and downloaded an awesome new app for my iPad.  It is called ShowMe

You can see my first attempt at a presentation here:



The app promises to learn and teach anything.  Its an open learning platform but also will be incredibly useful for me to use as an enhancement for teleclass learning and additional resources for ebooks.  You can make your lessons public or private and sharing is via a link or an embed code as I've used above.

It really is as easy as it looks.  In this first example I was simply using my finger to draw on the screen of my iPad.  I can see how it would quickly allow me to show a concept to a client or enhance a message I am trying to get across by adding audio and visuals to the way people can learn.

It is fast to upload and once I get it onto the ShowMe website, then it is easy to share.  I can chose to make the presentation public or private and sharing on social media is just one click away.

This is a fun, fast and easy way of layering the way that we share information which may in many cases be the difference between someone easily absorbing a concept or walking away confused.

Now if only I could draw :)

No comments: