Friday 28 January 2011

Never teach in a live environment

I was teaching a group called Meek to Geek yesterday and I was using this blog as an example to show what was possible.


Throughout the course of the day, without giving a second thought to the knock on effect, I also used this blog as a demo to prove how easy it is to post to a blog and the sorts of tools available when you write a post.

Today I received the RSS feed for that demo blog post and was reminded of the golden rule
"never use a live environment as a demonstration tool ..... unless you have a very good memory!" 
I just forgot to go back and delete the demo post.

So apologies to anyone who got a very strange looking email from me, and as always I trust it has been a lesson in what not to do, from a lesson I've learnt live.

These days we have to be so very careful because in that momentary memory loss, I will have also sent that post to Twitter and Facebook.

These days so many people are connected to you in so many ways and its important, even when you are tired and weary to be on your guard ,,,, because once something is in the public domain, you can never retrieve it.

No comments: