Saturday 9 February 2008

How to Get Known as an Expert = FAST!

Welcome to 2008 – this is my first blog post since returning from the USA and you never know I might even blog a few posts on what I learnt in waist deep snow. But for today I’m on about forums.

Just when I thought my day was totally full and no room left for one more single marketing activity to do in my small business – I learn I’ve now got to be out there commenting on the forums all around the world. This doesn’t please me as I spend most of my life in front of a computer but it seems forums are yet another (very good) way of getting known in this virtual world we now live in.

If you have been doing my 90 Day Challenge or the Full Practice Building System, you will know how much importance I place on having a strong WHO & WHAT. Knowing WHO you work with and WHAT you do for them is imperative to building a strong practice.

Forums are where the rubber hits the road when it comes to WHO & WHAT because all you need to do is identify a few forums that gather together in your WHO market and you just go on and answer their questions or comment on what they have written. The trick is to be discerning and as always make sure you are adding value. Never just go on and get into a thread because you can. Only get on a thread if you can add value or give a constructive comment or answer a question or you are just like a large percentage of the rest of the world who are wasting their life commenting on forums.

Forums are one way you can quickly become known for your expertise as you start to jump in and comment on things you know something about. This last comment assumes you know something about something but it does seem ok if you know something about anything – there will be a forum for you.

So I figure if I have to do it – then you guys can at least know what you are not doing. You need to search for forums in your area of expertise and the best way to do that is a website called http://www.ning.com/home/

On the first page I visited there was a choice between the Occult and Pagan communities and The Fairy Society. Somewhere between those two there are currently 8.097 other social communities so you won't be spoilt for choice.

You could spend all day in these forums so please just don’t forget all the other marketing activities in your marketing train!!

No comments: