Monday 3 December 2007

Working From Home with Kids

Question

I'm mother of two small kids and can't go out for work, so wished if, I could get cases at home with the help of centers running here. I wish you could say something on this.

Answer

I haven’t heard of centres outsourcing treatments in the way you describe because they have a vested interest in keeping their clients under their own roof so they can maintain their standard operating service. I suspect only an incredibility busy centre that was overflowing would look to moving their clients to a secondary location. Of course if you offered something unique and different to what they were offering perhaps they might do that but your standard would have to be very high.

What I would recommend that you do, to get clients at home, is to re-read through the 90 Day Challenge in the area of strategic alliances – it might give you some ideas how you could work with others LIKE YOU. If you could build up a selection of women with kids who were doing natural therapies at home, that complemented yours – then you could refer clients between you if it were appropriate for the client. I know a lot of women work from home – the trick will be finding them as they often get clients via word of mouth. You could also put flyers up where your children attend classes or school because women with kids go to those places and they would be interested in having treatments with a female therapist with similar circumstances to them. You might also like to consider do some talks or demonstrations at mothers groups or small community centres to help generate clients. Giving people the opportunity to meet you is the best and easiest way to get clients. People like to work with people and the more those people have in common with them – the more they like working with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI,
I work from home, and am getting really busy now.
I see clients in school hours and book out excursion days etc, so that I spend as much quality time as possible with my children.
It was slow to start, but now I have all sorts of people ringing me up to help them.
Make a nice workspace that doesn't look as if it is part of your house, mine isn't even permanent, I pack it up each afternoon to turn it back into my lounge room!!!
Have intergrity, professionalism, make it look like a business, not a hobby and you'll be right.
Ms Margz's system really works, be brave, get out there and talk to people, trust the universe to bring you abundance and it will happen.
Good luck,

Robyn Stitt
Complementary Therapist
Kinesiology, Sekhem Reiki
Strathalbyn South Australia
0437 601 550