Thursday 26 August 2010

Ask and Tho Shalt Receive With a Cherry on Top

All weekend I've been banging on to the participants of Sanctum for the Soul about how we are totally in charge of everything now and not to forget to ask for the things we need - no matter how small.

Well I decided this morning that I needed a new Monthly Planner for 2011 so I can start getting next years events planned or as my new branding manager calls it my "launch sequence".  Its a bit oo-la-la huh - sounds like "mission control to mz margz" but what can you expect she lives in Dallas which is up the road from NASA so I guess they are a bit space ship oriented in Texas.

So to get my launch sequence happening I really need that 2011 planner.

I looked to see if I could get a monthly planner online and it turned out that I could but I need it now!  

So I decided I'd have a look in the newsagents in the town later today but resigned myself to the fact that I'd probably have to wait to get one next time I was in the city or breakdown and buy it online and deal with it getting damaged in the post - ever noticed how things never quite come out of the your post office box the same way they went in.

Then my next thought was lunch.


Finally the sun has decided to shine after days of rain so I put my walking boots on and I headed down the two blocks to the Hepburn General Store for a #4 toastie.  While they were making it up I had a wander around the shelves.  The Hepburn General Store has a unique ability to stock and serve either gourmet food options or things the local tradies love like Gillies meat pies.  But they also have some nice bits and pieces for the tourists to buy and they have a great range of magazines.

So I was having a nosy in the flash mag section and imagine my surprise when I thought I was looking at a pile of monthly planners.  Imagine my delight when I picked one up and had a look and it WAS exactly what I wanted.  The weird thing was that there were no other diaries on the shelf, no other stationery items just magazines and 2011 Monthly Planners.

We love the Hepburn General Store but they aren't the cheapest option because they don't have the buying power of the big chains. 

So what is most remarkable from today's lesson is that not only did I get exactly what I wanted in the most unlikely place in the world - it only cost $7 - the least I have ever paid for a planner is $9 from one of the big stationery suppliers in the city so this price truly fitted the "can't believe my eyes" category.

Talk about ask and tho shalt receive with a cherry on top!  

It really was a great example of letting go and not putting boundaries around the way things can happen.  Now I better fill those dates up fast because the Universe clearly have a few people they want me to teach.

No comments: