Friday 19 February 2010

An Unexpected New Outcome from Speaking

The more I teach my Sore to SOAR workshop and help people understand how their story helps first them, then others get a greater understanding of what they do, the more I get an understanding of what learning to speak does for people.

Firstly I thought it was a fluke when practitioners started to report that after having completed the workshop and reported getting the normal things such as:

  • more confidence
  • greater depth of understanding
  • the sense of what it feels like to have a go
  • getting more in touch with their message
  • overcoming fear

All the rational things you would expect from a speaking workshop.

What I didn’t expect was the intangible reports back the following week of how participants have gone back into their practice only to find their sessions with clients are not only going to a deeper level but clients reporting a greater understanding of the treatment and what it does for them.

This was unexpected and I have developed a whole new respect for speaking as more participants roll through the program and keep reporting the same thing. They are feeling more "heard" in their treatment room and finding that their treatments are going deeper.

This is starting to confirm my belief that our fears not only hold us back on one level – they hold us back in many deep layers of our being.

Because speaking is such a deep fear to overcome (research shows most people would rather die than speak in public) it must correlate that when that fear is released it makes space for a whole new level of good stuff to open up.

I love what I do – every day is filled up with new learning and observation and just when I think I am starting to get to the bottom of the barrel of what is possible, a whole new opportunity to help people grow opens up and a new barrel appears.

www.sore-to-SOAR.com

Sore to SOAR Melbourne
in the Conference Room at Quest

No comments: